Youth Consultation Services is offering
At the former Immaculate Conception School
760 Post Pl, 1st Floor
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Children 2 ½ to 5 years of age and their families
The Therapeutic Nursery is a program designed to assist 2 1/2 to 5 year olds with emotional and behavioral difficulties that interfere with healthy development and social relationships. Many of the children who will come to the Therapeutic Nursery may appear under-socialized, over aggressive, may have experienced disruptions in early attachment relationships, may have been exposed to violence or trauma, as witness or victim, and/or may have underlying developmental and biologically-based difficulties that interfere with their ability to self-regulate, communicate and engage in reciprocal relationships.
What Happens at a Therapeutic Nursery?
- The nursery looks like any preschool classroom with toys and activities to help each child with their unique needs
- The program operates 5 days/week (Monday-Friday), from 8:45 am to 2:30 pm.
- Intervention is provided by a multi disciplinary team of professional, through relationship-based techniques that foster enhancing self-regulation, self-esteem, positive peer relationships, shared emotional thinking and appropriate behaviors.
- Each child and family with be interviewed and in individualized plan to help will be develop with the family.
- Individual child therapy (both in group setting and sometimes one-on-one), and weekly child family meetings will take place.
- A program Nurse is available and an Advanced Practice Nurse oversees medication when needed.
- Occupational and speech Therapy consultation is available.
Referrals are being accepted now!
Services are funded by the Department of Children and Families and Medicaid.
For more information please call 201-864-1047
Transportation is funded through Medicaid